The MET course of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University is a Master of Science course offered by the School of Design.

The MET course of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University is a Master of Science course offered by the School of Design. Featured alumni Hong Kong It has four dire...

Sep 19,2023 | SERENA

poly

The MET course of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University is a Master of Science course offered by the School of Design. Featured alumni Hong Kong It has four directions: psychology, social and mobile internet, game media and digital media technology, and focuses on media entertainment technology to cultivate interdisciplinary design talents with backgrounds of design, psychology, digital media and technology. Today, we invite senior Harris (pseudonym) to introduce the information and lessons of MET-psychology. In order to protect privacy, the audio of the interview is not uploaded. The following is the arrangement of the interview content.

First, the background of students

Students from different backgrounds, everyone has their own bright spot

I majored in design, and my undergraduate background is not obvious. But because I worked hard at school and had many projects, I got the offer as a freshman, even though I had no work experience.

As far as I know, the proportion of double non-professional technology than other professional skills, including the proportion of Master of systems design management. In fact, it is not the core factor of enterprise admission, but the key depends on the applicant's significant development characteristics and differentiation. The results are good, and internships or work-life experience can be plentiful. The overseas education experience of students from two top universities or companies can be a highlight of the application process.

I can't reach all the students in my class, but I am exposed to the media, news, design and computer direction at present. Even in psychology, the scientific community in Hong Kong still pays attention to the diversity of students when selecting students.

2. Occupational characteristics in line with the direction of psychology

I think psychology is the most dedicated and dedicated to "research". If you want to study "pure design" or fully shape and experience the whole process of design thinking, this is not the first choice. The most important aspect of the psychological direction of the Metropolitan Museum is to provide you with a solid research foundation and theoretical ideas before the design process, including the powerful research and academic components that you can learn in your major. The research tools we use, such as the psychological principles of user interviews and the measurement principles of quantitative questionnaire research, will be covered. This major is the most academic among design majors.

Yes, the teacher will leave us a lot of documents, write some small papers with reference materials, just like academic research. Of course, these requirements are less prescriptive. Unlike Academic Masters, they publish their papers in specific journals and do academic writing.

Involved in experimental research, data analysis and other professional research methods.

In addition to reading literature and writing short papers, we also did a project last semester: designing and participating in experiments, collecting and analyzing quantitative research data, and will conduct a two-semester research project this semester. In these experimental studies, we will define and design independent variables and dependent variables, and control additional variables to find the causal relationship between variables. After collecting data, we will use some scientific statistical tools to analyze the data, such as hypothesis testing, which will also consider the significance of the level of data difference.

The goal of this program is to train academically minded design researchers.

It depends on your situation. For example, some members of the team are good at data processing, some are good at research and data collection, and each has its own division of labor. If you are interested in this kind of academic research, then 50% of your energy may be used here, for example, last semester's data research is not enough, this semester I put a lot of effort in data analysis.

Other design majors will teach in the form of projects, including working with some companies to do relatively better projects. However, in MET-psychology major, there are few very specific design output projects, mainly design research.

The course of statistics is the difficult point of statistics, and Design and development psychology is the core technical course of statistics

This major will also teach statistics courses, which are difficult and should be improved by self-study. Due to the lack of statistical knowledge design background, the overall difficulty of the course is moderate. After learning some concepts in class, add some materials after class, and gradually master the basic principles and important statistical methods and tools of application scenarios. Although the whole major emphasizes research, the first semester is about the core process of feeling and understanding research, rather than completing very strict scientific research like a doctor.

The rest is not difficult for me. Data analysis courses are the most difficult for most non-science students. Fortunately, this course is not a major, but an additional course under the core curriculum of Design Psychology. There are only one or two classes, and class time is a small proportion. The core course of this major is design psychology 1 of last semester and Design Psychology 2 of next semester.

Third, about the harvest

Improve reading and writing skills and train inductive and deductive logic.

For me, the biggest gain of this major is the systematic reading ability, such as how to extract the core content of an article quickly and efficiently when reading a document, and do deep reading instead of fragmented reading. The second is output, how to build a framework efficiently, quickly and accurately when writing an article, and then gradually fill in the content and details. In general, both inductive logic and romantic logic have greatly improved in the learning process.

Improve the ability to apply theory

The above analytical skills are one of the core technical skills that this study plan aims to cultivate. In addition, it will also develop how you can apply this development ability and your research and psychological knowledge to the practical field of instructional design, which is, after all, enterprise applied psychology. The design process and related methods and tools will involve a lot, but because of the limited time, you will not have many opportunities to land real projects in a country, but you will definitely be taught how to apply.

Iv. Application

The interview is a difficult part of the application process

This project is very inclusive of applicants from different backgrounds, but if we want to say which majors are most suitable, we may choose design science, anthropology, sociology, journalism and so on. It is more suitable for students with humanistic background.

First of all, there are very few interviews in this major. During the interview, the interviewer will ask questions based on your background and experience. They often ask questions about psychology, and sometimes they look at the portfolio and ask about the details and ideas of the portfolio from a psychological point of view. The interviewer will also have a lot of follow-up work, follow-up work is difficult to deal with, it is difficult to prepare for you in advance. This is especially true for applicants who are only interested in psychology and do not have an in-depth understanding of it, and who do not have a systematic study of it. If they are asked deep psychological questions, they will have a hard time answering them. This major places great emphasis on interview performance.

Hong Kong Polytechnic University ndergraduate background is not obvious

More Articles

Baby clothes dark or light colored good baby clothes shopping guide
Baby clothes dark or light colored good baby clothes shopping guide

In the selection of baby clothes, first of all, we should look at the children s clothing Childrens Sweaterslogo, labeling i...

To your circle of guest - YouTube we don't mix!Only to torture namewee?!| grass ye make things ep2 mimosa diaries
To your circle of guest - YouTube we don't mix!Only to torture namewee?!| grass ...

Mimosa makes things happen!Only makes truth!TodayWe have twodelegators who are not too small.They find Mimosa and Monkeyto h...

YouTube

The use of high chairs for young children need to be vigilant to prevent throwing out
The use of high chairs for young children need to be vigilant to prevent throwin...

Best Baby High Chair have a frame, a footrest and a feeding tray in front. Falls are the most serious injury when using a hi...

Ceramic Water Dispenser for Home/Office
Ceramic Water Dispenser for Home/Office

Everyone can t install a water purifier in their home. There could be a lot of reasons like either people cannot afford one,...

ceramic water dispenser

5 Interesting Facts About Ltem Nb
5 Interesting Facts About Ltem Nb

Every year, young people or teenagers see what jobs they can pursue after graduation. But, should ltem nbthey feel lucky of ...

The all-purpose
The all-purpose "king" vacuum cleaner meets the needs of the entire household.

A vacuum cleaner is a multi-purpose nanny! Especially the wireless vacuum cleaner, it sommelier hong kongappears to be the m...

Treatment considerations for phenylketonuria should not be carelessly ignored
Treatment considerations for phenylketonuria should not be carelessly ignored

After treatment, patients on a low phenylalanine diet need to have their blood phenylalanine pku treatment monitored to keep...

Future of Sponge Supply: Trend Prediction and New Technologies
Future of Sponge Supply: Trend Prediction and New Technologies

IntroductionSponges are adaptable and commonly used materials having uses in both industrial and domestic cleaning procedure...