A long time ago I wanted to write an article, mainly about my feelings about the school, for reference only.

A long time ago I wanted to write an article, 40 under 40 awardmainly about my feelings about the school, for reference only.My personal journey: from the joy o...

Sep 12,2023 | Gillian

A long time ago I wanted to write an article, mainly about my feelings about the school, for reference only.

A long time ago I wanted to write an article, 40 under 40 awardmainly about my feelings about the school, for reference only.

My personal journey: from the joy of receiving the admission notice, Gen. T Listto the entanglement of "Mainland or Hong Kong", to the confusion when I first arrived in Hong Kong, and after the sour, sweet and bitter, and many classmates around me are similar.

First, celebrate. Design talent awardAs a vested interest, it's hard for me to experience that joy again now, but I'm sure I was happy then. The reasons may be very simple: First of all, as one of the universities in Hong Kong, the name of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University itself has a strong attraction for many mainland students, because they have never thought that they can come to Hong Kong, and they think that all kinds of high and high has nothing to do with the strength of the school. Second, he did a search on the Internet. He felt all kinds of power, possibly a world-class university. Third, I don't think I did well in the college entrance examination. However, when I looked at the international rankings, I found that PolyU has a variety of top rankings, which is higher than my ideal ranking for a mainland university. I don't think failing the college entrance examination has ruined my future. (These are just feelings at the time...)

Then is the "mainland or Hong Kong" school choice struggle period. Although this question is key, I feel that as a student who has only studied in Hong Kong, it is difficult for me to objectively describe the advantages and disadvantages of mainland universities, mainly focusing on the Hong Kong Polytechnic.

Unlike the People's Universities of the Mainland (including Hong Kong Chinese and Hong Kong cities), PolyU has an independent recruitment system, which does not conflict with the national entrance examination, but the only criterion for judging enterprises in most faculty majors is still the Gaokao score. A few days after the college entrance examination score, the admission news will develop, and then through a few days to pay the retention fee, by the beginning of July (seems to be 7.1) PolyU will file. Once the file is filed, the social volunteer of the Mainland University of Technology has no use for itself (so they have some PolyU students and the volunteer at that time only filled in the Qing North hhhhh) That is to say, although the Hong Kong Polytechnic is an important choice for improving students, the time management of these career choices to decide whether the company can accept education is actually only a few days. These are very critical days. Now let me talk about the reasons for choosing/not choosing the Hong Kong Polytechnic:

Reasons for choosing the Hong Kong Polytechnic:

There's no playground.

Secondly, PolyU's geographical location is really excellent. In the heart of Kowloon City, shopping at Harbour City in Tsim Sha Tsui, a concert at Hung Hom Sports Centre, or food at Whampoa in Mong Kok are all very convenient. Many students engaged in purchasing, very convenient, but also can earn some extra money.

Third, PolyU undergraduate accounting curriculum system is complete, the content is relatively in-depth, ACCA accounting certificate also has a certain exemption effect. After graduation, undergraduate AF and ACCT are divided into four major easier, and then struggle for a few years in the four major, income can also be, at least in Hong Kong to support themselves without problems.

Fourth, PolyU has relatively free course selection. Students can arrange their own order of study for multiple courses (pre-selected courses can be sent to the college by mail), or they can take some general courses of interest.

Fifth, after four years of undergraduate study in Hong Kong University, and then three years in the Hong Kong government (whether looking for a job or studying for a master), you can get a permanent residence in Hong Kong, China, which should be good news for students who want to work in Hong Kong social workers or settle down in the future.

Reasons for not choosing the Hong Kong Polytechnic:

First of all, PolyU is not a typical elite university (similar to HKU, Hong Kong Chinese). The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is not a "pheasant university" in the mainland, Hong Kong or overseas, but it is not a good university either. Therefore, having the brand of PolyU can be said to have not been lost with mid-1985, but it has no advantage over top universities, whether it is work or graduate school.

Second, as an application-oriented university, many of PolyU's courses focus on practice, while many theoretical courses are neglected. Take AF from Polyu Business School as an example. Accounting and finance major is mainly accounting + management courses in the first and second years, and some finance courses will be added in the fourth year of the junior year. It seems reasonable, but if you compare business school courses at other universities, you can see the problem. Polyu Business School has almost no mathematics courses, leading many AF and FS students to minor in Applied Mathematics (AMA). Because there is no foundation in mathematics, many university graduate students are unable to apply. To be honest, apart from the accounting course, in my opinion, the ACCT+AF+FS course of PolyU Business School is not very systematic, and many courses are no longer effectively related to this course after one semester.

Third, the polarization of the mainland is serious. At the beginning of the first year, most of us follow the hard work of the third year. A lot of people are busy falling in love. During this time, some of them have given up their studies and even failed the first course (usually FA). Some are under pressure and self-discipline to study and still maintain good performance, even some can break four (GPA 4.0).

Fourth, PolyU's campus is quite small. Compared to a mainland university, it's like a big high school. ...

After that, talk about some of the more detail-oriented feelings:

The learning staff is still very enthusiastic and responsible for most enterprises, and we can directly ask after class if we have any questions, or send emails to make appointments. Some of the teachers have students who are very good at Mandarin, and some are average, but the teachers I have seen themselves will not appear because you speak Mandarin and have any influence, in their opinion, Chinese mainland students are indeed very strong.

There's no need to worry too much about politics. Apart from the democracy walls in schools, mainland students rarely experience a politically discordant atmosphere. Many local students are friendly and willing to make friends with mainland students.

For students who like associations but are worried about not being able to integrate into the local student community, there are many options, such as the Mainland Student Union, the touching Fire Missionary Society, Aerial Photography, English Drama Club, and so on, which are all major members of the Mainland society.

Although the circle of mainland students is small, most students can find like-minded people. I hope the academic students can find strong and patient teammates. I hope that social students can find a partner who likes to party, and students who like to take photos can also find a good partner.

Weekend time or the use of holidays and friends to go to Shenzhen is simply a kind of enjoyment, the feeling is that prices suddenly fell as a first class, Haidilao ah, Wal-Mart ah, tea ah, all kinds of eat eat buy buy buy.

There is a huge gap between rich and poor in Hong Kong and sometimes there are very, very emaciated beggars/scavengers on the roads, some of whom are physically deformed.

Don't expect too much from Hong Kong's service sector. I've had very good shop assistants and completely impatient ones, but mostly the former.

The majority of teachers, especially local teachers, still think that Hong Kong is well developed in all aspects, but there are also some unlivable places in Hong Kong, such as high population density and high prices.

In short, the overall feeling that PolyU gives me is not a typical academic hall, but a vibrant lecture hall that gives you the basic ability to survive in the future and allows you to enjoy some fireworks.

Related Hot Topic

Why is E G I O significant?

E G frameworks are crucial to long-term investing because they can assist individuals or other corporations in determining whether a firm is in line with their values and in analyzing the overall value of a company in relation to its purpose.

school mainland or Hong Kong

More Articles

Is it possible to add music to an iPhone without iTunes?
Is it possible to add music to an iPhone without iTunes?

Is it possible to add music to an iPhone without iTunes?Absolutely, there are numerous non-computer methods for adding music...

How is cellulose sponge used?
How is cellulose sponge used?

How is cellulose sponge used?Here are eight different applications for this magic sponge.(br>scrubbing the face and body....

Is the water supply industry successful?
Is the water supply industry successful?

Is the water supply industry successful?Starting a water treatment facility or mineral water plant can be quite profitable. ...

A guide to sizing blinds: ensuring perfect installation and free movement
A guide to sizing blinds: ensuring perfect installation and free movement

Do you know how to measure blinds? Of course, the measurement of blinds, depending on the actual condition of the window, is...

window blinds size measurement blinds

How is anodized aluminum cleaned?
How is anodized aluminum cleaned?

How is anodized aluminum cleaned?Use a light soap and an aggressive cleaning method. Use an abrasive cleaning sponge and mil...

Can mold develop in standing water?
Can mold develop in standing water?

Can mold develop in standing water?Any home s crawl area may become a breeding ground for mold and mildew, which can cause s...

Five things sexually active men and women should know about using sexual lubricants.
Five things sexually active men and women should know about using sexual lubrica...

Just like masturbation, sexual lubricants are an important aspect of sexual health, not an embarrassment.vibratir for women ...

embarrassment condoms] Latex lubricants

Who is the most stylish person in ITZY?
Who is the most stylish person in ITZY?

Who is the most stylish person in ITZY?It s also Lia, she remarked. The other participants concurred. Ryujin gave an illustr...