What is Joule's law?

Joule s law states that the heat generated by an electric current passing through a conductor is proportional to the product of the resistance of the conductor ...

Oct 20,2023 | Hebe

What is Joule's law?

Joule's law states that the heat generated by an electric current passing through a conductor is proportional to the product of the resistance of the conductor and the square of the current. It is named after James Prescott Joule.

Mathematically, it can be expressed as:

H = I^2 * R * t

Where:

H = Heat generated (Joules)

I = Electric current (Amperes)

R = Electrical resistance of conductor (Ohms)

t = Time (seconds)

In other words, the amount of heat (H) generated is equal to the current (I) squared, multiplied by the resistance (R), multiplied by the time (t) the current flows through the conductor. This relates the electrical power input to a conductor to the thermal power released as heat.

So in summary, the greater the current, the greater the heat generated. And higher resistance in a conductor also results in more heat generated for the same current. Joule's law shows the direct relationship between electricity and heat.

More Articles

What app allows me to download MP3 music for free?
What app allows me to download MP3 music for free?

What app allows me to download MP3 music for free?SONGily is one of the most widely used music downloaders for Android, with...

Which nine types of joints are there?
Which nine types of joints are there?

Which nine types of joints are there?Joint classification: br floppy joints Where bones are rigid, you ll find fixed joints,...

Is there a cash app in China?
Is there a cash app in China?

Is there a cash app in China?You cannot send money to someone in another country using the Cash App since it is not internat...

Bidirectional shift register
Bidirectional shift register

Shift registers are basically storage units that are used to store, transfer, or manipulate binary bits (0’s and 1’s) in CPU...

Files shift register Bidirectional

ITZY has a total of how many songs?
ITZY has a total of how many songs?

ITZY has a total of how many songs?50 songs have been published by the female group so far, 45 of which were originally reco...

Finger confirmation: Resist Murphy's Law
Finger confirmation: Resist Murphy's Law

As mentioned before, to fight against Murphy s LawOne of the trick is Point and Call Please pay attention to the following ...

Who it who

What do I need to pay attention to when setting up online recurring billing?
What do I need to pay attention to when setting up online recurring billing?

When it comes to online recurring billing type of service, many people do not really understand, but this system has become ...

Three minutes to take you through bitcoin mining
Three minutes to take you through bitcoin mining

A bitcoin miner is a computer that is used to generate bitcoins. Thesem31s whatsminer computers are typically equipped with ...