Hot Search Terms

What is Joule's law?

Joule s law states that the heat generated by an electric current passing through a conductor is proportional to the product of the resistance of the conductor ...

Oct 20,2023 | Hebe

What is Joule's law?

Joule's law states that the heat generated by an electric current passing through a conductor is proportional to the product of the resistance of the conductor and the square of the current. It is named after James Prescott Joule.

Mathematically, it can be expressed as:

H = I^2 * R * t

Where:

H = Heat generated (Joules)

I = Electric current (Amperes)

R = Electrical resistance of conductor (Ohms)

t = Time (seconds)

In other words, the amount of heat (H) generated is equal to the current (I) squared, multiplied by the resistance (R), multiplied by the time (t) the current flows through the conductor. This relates the electrical power input to a conductor to the thermal power released as heat.

So in summary, the greater the current, the greater the heat generated. And higher resistance in a conductor also results in more heat generated for the same current. Joule's law shows the direct relationship between electricity and heat.

More Articles

How to Buy the Most Economical Window Blinds
How to Buy the Most Economical Window Blinds

Are you fed up with buying window blinds that cost an absolute fortune? Cost-effective window coverings can be purchased wit...

The Clinical Significance of Basal Cell Carcinoma Detection with Dermoscopy
The Clinical Significance of Basal Cell Carcinoma Detection with Dermoscopy

The early detection of skin cancers, particularly basal cell carcinoma (BCC), is essential for effective treatment and impro...

What is the journey idiom?
What is the journey idiom?

What is the journey idiom?To hit the road denotes the beginning of a journey or departure. It can also be employed in normal...

How to improve the problem of women shaking their hair Recommended 5 methods
How to improve the problem of women shaking their hair Recommended 5 methods

1. Maintain a happy moodThe first way to improve a woman s hair loss is to learn to regulate their mood, to learn to release...

woman's hair loss

How do I spend money online? Will it affect credit card cuts?
How do I spend money online? Will it affect credit card cuts?

Online spending is not common these days. Maybe you re alreadyonline credit card payment gateway familiar with the tradition...

Is AI surpassed by data science?
Is AI surpassed by data science?

Is AI surpassed by data science?It really depends on your specific requirements. If you re aiming to delve into data analysi...

How can your display be made larger?
How can your display be made larger?

How can your display be made larger?By selecting Start > Settings > System > Display, you may access Windows Displa...

What are your plans for personal growth and advancement?
What are your plans for personal growth and advancement?

What are your plans for personal growth and advancement?15 Steps to Enhance Your Personal Growth JourneyEmbrace Each Moment....