What is Joule's law?

Joule s law states that the heat generated by an electric current passing through a conductor is proportional to the product of the resistance of the conductor ...

Oct 20,2023 | Hebe

What is Joule's law?

Joule's law states that the heat generated by an electric current passing through a conductor is proportional to the product of the resistance of the conductor and the square of the current. It is named after James Prescott Joule.

Mathematically, it can be expressed as:

H = I^2 * R * t

Where:

H = Heat generated (Joules)

I = Electric current (Amperes)

R = Electrical resistance of conductor (Ohms)

t = Time (seconds)

In other words, the amount of heat (H) generated is equal to the current (I) squared, multiplied by the resistance (R), multiplied by the time (t) the current flows through the conductor. This relates the electrical power input to a conductor to the thermal power released as heat.

So in summary, the greater the current, the greater the heat generated. And higher resistance in a conductor also results in more heat generated for the same current. Joule's law shows the direct relationship between electricity and heat.

More Articles

Netflix free with 4 k account - bank of America to open an account to use the first play
Netflix free with 4 k account - bank of America to open an account to use the fi...

Hello everyone, welcome back to my channel,Today is the first episode of how I use foreign card videos.In this video, IWill ...

Netflix

Reduce manpower and still ensure production efficiency
Reduce manpower and still ensure production efficiency

Most people think that increasing the number of manpower on the construction site can improve the progress of the project. A...

PDF to Word format why the garbled code?
PDF to Word format why the garbled code?

In our daily work and life, we can not do without the help of a variety of documents.Word is suitable for daily text editing...

PDF to Word conversion.pdf skill PDF file

What is the role of air purifiers? Up knowledge!
What is the role of air purifiers? Up knowledge!

Air purification machine slowly into Nepia people s lives, in a serious air pollution environment, are with a big efficacy, ...

What does PI control mean?
What does PI control mean?

What does PI control mean?Feedback control is exemplified by PI control. Because the proportional action is added, it offers...

Don't worry about cross-border payment, what is the mainstream payment method in the world?
Don't worry about cross-border payment, what is the mainstream payment method in...

1. Credit card payments still dominate in developed marketsCredit cards are one of the most common payment methods in the Am...

Use the best recurring payment system in your budget to boost your business
Use the best recurring payment system in your budget to boost your business

Whether you re releasing subscription-based products or services, setting up a customer payment plan, billing system softwar...

How can I get songs off of iTunes and onto a USB?
How can I get songs off of iTunes and onto a USB?

How can I get songs off of iTunes and onto a USB?0:141:10 Window When a song is selected, click on it with the left mouse bu...