Dsp Digital signal processing ( processor )

Digital signal processing is the processing signal digitally using computers. In digital signal processing, we take digitized physical signals from the real-wor...

Nov 16,2022 | Cindy

Dsp Digital signal processing ( processor )

Digital signal processing is the processing signal digitally using computers. In digital signal processing, we take digitized physical signals from the real-world, analyze them, and perform mathematical operations like addition, multiplication, transformations, etc. in minimal time. These real-world signals may include time, light, sound, temperature, pressure, etc. This enables one to analyze the signal and represent them in different forms which are easier to manipulate or comprehend. Since DSP can be applied only on digital signals, and because the physical signals in the real-world are mostly analog, the signals need to be converted into digital signals using Analog to Digital Converters (ADCs). Then, the digitized signals are processed using a Digital signal processor(dsp). These manipulated signals may be converted back into analog form if needed using Digital to Analog Converters (DACs). Telecommunications, therefore, are excellent examples of digital signal processing applications where the audio and video are first digitized, processed, transmitted, and then converted back into audio and video.

Digital signal processing

Digital signal processing can be done in a number of domains, some of which are:

• 1. Time and space domain
  • 2. Frequency domain
  • 3. Z-plane analysis
  • 4. Wavelets

Applications of digital signal processing:

• 1. Digital image processing – Digital image processing is an important discipline which deals with the conversion of multidimensional images into digital signals and performing various mathematical operations for applications like compression, recognition, and analysis.
  • 2. Speech processing and recognition – Speech recognition is the process of study and analysis of speech signals and converting them into digital data which can be processed using a computer. Speech recognition is the first step of speech processing which involves performing various mathematical operations on speech signals and preparing them for applications like speech-to-text conversion and voice user interfaces.
  • 3. Audio and video compression - Compression of audio or video signals involves reducing its overall size by representing them in fewer bits with or without loss of information.

There are innumerable other applications in radar, weather forecasting, and medical imaging processes like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Computed Tomography (CT) scanning, and other fields.

These digital signal processing architecture, nowadays, come imbedded in special on-chip integrated circuits called digital signal processing. Through digital signal processing can also be carried out by a general-purpose computer processor, they may not be able to cope up with the needs of real-time processing. The digital signal processors(dsp) come with instructions for some of the most useful mathematical functions which, a standard general-purpose processor doesn’t. Today, modern digital signal processors can receive data from multiple lines at the same time and can execute up to several thousand instructions per second.

Digital signal processing signals

More Articles

AI to help data centers achieve net zero carbon
AI to help data centers achieve net zero carbon

As we all know, the data center is a huge resource consumer, and the demand for the computing power provided by the data cen...

How to calculate the interest of financial transfer?
How to calculate the interest of financial transfer?

Nowadays, people are not willing to put their unused idle money in a bank demand deposit account, but will choose to buy a v...

How can I save a fillable-field PDF as read-only?
How can I save a fillable-field PDF as read-only?

How can I save a fillable-field PDF as read-only?How Can a Fillable PDF Be Saved as Read Only?Select Advanced Processing in ...

Makestar Intelligence's unmanned warehouse technology development
Makestar Intelligence's unmanned warehouse technology development

In recent years, various domestic warehousing automation equipment has become the most important concern of the current ware...

What is a comfortable income?
What is a comfortable income?

What is a comfortable income?According to a recent survey, Americans are deemed to be \ financially comfortable\ if they ha...

Just elder brother to teach you how to choose radish, to teach a
Just elder brother to teach you how to choose radish, to teach a "turnip regimen...

Hello, this is Wang Gang. Recently many fans asked me: why some radish is black inside.and also some questions like:... why ...

soup

To your circle of guest - YouTube we don't mix!Only to torture namewee?!| grass ye make things ep2 mimosa diaries
To your circle of guest - YouTube we don't mix!Only to torture namewee?!| grass ...

Mimosa makes things happen!Only makes truth!TodayWe have twodelegators who are not too small.They find Mimosa and Monkeyto h...

YouTube

Is insecticide necessary? Should I hide everything? What should I do?
Is insecticide necessary? Should I hide everything? What should I do?

Pesticides should be used with the following precautions:Please use the appropriate insecticide based on the type and severi...

appropriate insecticide spraying insecticides