Correct use of ear thermometers, there are many expressions of the word correct?

What I want to say is:If you use the earmuffs correctly, and if the earmuffs themselves are done well, the theoretical measurement accuracy can be ± 0.2 ° c.The...

Feb 23,2022 | Amanda

Correct use of ear thermometers, there are many expressions of the word correct?

What I want to say is:

If you use the earmuffs correctly, and if the earmuffs themselves are done well, the theoretical measurement accuracy can be ± 0.2 ° c.

The accuracy is pretty good, and it's worth spending a little more money on the convenience and speed.

Of course, a good ear warmer is one that minimizes misuse, even if you don't "use it right".

But as a user,braun digital ear thermometer, to get the most accurate measurements of an ear thermometer, it still has to be used correctly.

Returning to the title of the question, is the ear thermometer itself accurate or not, the answer I gave is: it is accurate enough!

Look at the hospitals now mostly use ear thermometers.

We can really develop the problem that needs to be concerned about how to use the ear thermometer to measure accurately.

How can I measure it accurately?

ambient temperature

Thermometers have a usable ambient temperature range, and if used outside the nominal range of ambient temperature, the measured body temperature may be inaccurate. This can be more important for ear thermometers, because the temperature range in which our general ear thermometers can be used will be smaller than that of contact electronic thermometers.

If the ambient temperature of use is not available, the general ear thermometer will go wrong.

My suggestion is to try to use the ear thermometer when the temperature is around 23~25℃. This social environment is the most accurate when measuring the temperature. It's like everyone who plays photography has heard the phrase "no dog head under f8". It means that the lens aperture is opened to f8, no matter how cheap the lens is, the imaging effect will not be bad. Similarly, no matter how cheap the ear thermometer is, the measurement error will not be too large at an ambient temperature of 23~25°C.

The temperature is measured with an ear thermometer in an environment with a temperature of 23~25°C, and the error is the smallest.

temperature balance

It is generally mentioned in the ear thermometer's manual that if the ear thermometer is used from one room to another, especially when the temperature of the two rooms is different, the ear thermometer needs to be placed for half an hour before use.

This is important for earmuffs. Since the temperature measurement principle of the ear thermometer requires the temperature of the temperature measurement head to be as stable as possible, the temperature change in the ring will cause the temperature of the temperature measurement head to be unstable, resulting in measurement errors.

There is another case of this measurement error, that is, when the ear thermometer probe is placed in the ear and comes into contact with the human body, the temperature of the ear thermometer probe will also be affected, resulting in measurement errors.

A good ear warmer generally optimizes the problem, for example, the probe is covered with metal, the continuous temperature measurement must be separated by a few seconds, etc., but it cannot solve the problem very well.

Related Hot Topic

What caused a piece of wax to come out of my ear?

Earwax normally flows up and out of the ear due to the motion of talking and chewing, as well as the shape of the ear itself. The dead skin cells and debris that are present in old earwax are naturally removed when it eventually exits the ear canal.

How are Braun digital ear thermometers used?

0:12
1:40
Once it is powered on, your thermometer will show the most recent More information.

How reliable are ear thermometers?

A person's tympanic (ear) temperature is 0.3–0.6°C (0.5–1°F) higher than their mouth temperature. Typically, the temperature in the armpit (axilla) is 0.3°C (0.5°F) to 0.6°C (1°F) lower than the temperature in the mouth.

who app

More Articles

These 3 gadgets cost little money and crucially make housework easier
These 3 gadgets cost little money and crucially make housework easier

1、Returning bottleThe cleaning of the grease catcher box of the hood is not easy, sticky and greasy.After that, someone crea...

Spend 10 seconds to master the 3 methods, Word, PDF, PPT documents converted to each other at will!
Spend 10 seconds to master the 3 methods, Word, PDF, PPT documents converted to ...

In our daily work, we often encounter the need to Word, PDF and PPT documents to convert each other.merge pdf files i love p...

Word document WPS software PPT document

They say my,do you know what a miner is?
They say my,do you know what a miner is?

Bitcoin miners are computers used to generate bitcoins. These computers are bitmain t17+typically equipped with specialized ...

Should one check their blood pressure every day?
Should one check their blood pressure every day?

Should one check their blood pressure every day?Daily blood pressure checks are an excellent method to keep track of your he...

The right gateway payment security system makes transactions fraud-free!
The right gateway payment security system makes transactions fraud-free!

Two types of payment gatewaysThird party payment, APP payment gateway with this method, a third party website is required be...

Why is sand used in cement mixtures?
Why is sand used in cement mixtures?

Why is sand used in cement mixtures?The most popular aggregate, sand, is then added to the cement. Everything is connected b...

What is the typical ITZY ticket cost?
What is the typical ITZY ticket cost?

What is the typical ITZY ticket cost?Ticket prices for Itzy Average Ticket Cost for City Venuebr> $143. San Francisco Fox...

Without iTunes, how do I unlock my iPhone?
Without iTunes, how do I unlock my iPhone?

Without iTunes, how do I unlock my iPhone?Using Apple s Locate My iPhone service is one method for unlocking a disabled iPho...